WNP Implementation Group
Summary of activities underway.
Information to WTC Mtg 21 December 2020
· Consultant appointed to look at three areas
· Bollin Hill draft received, seeking nomination of a CE conservation officer in order to progress
· Highfield Estate and Dean Row, history being researched. Visit to Highfield now possible after lockdown
Hope to do a full update presentation to WTC at the January 2021 Meeting.
· Mobberley, Morley & Gt Warford councils have agreed to support and participate with WNP A1 ‘Lindow Moss Partnership’
· Briefing paper prepared and issued to other potential participants inviting comments and seeking support. Sent to WTC members for information.
· In contact with CE and Terraqueous on formation of a Liaison Committee but so far have not been able to progress. Terraqueous seem reluctant to communicate.
· Transition Wilmslow has established a LM Forum
Presentation to be made to WTC meeting 21 Dec 2020
· CE TCVP study underway to which we are contributing
· CE (Peter Skates) asked to provide Highways input to study of Public Realm development
· Costing’s requested for concept studies on Broadway Meadow development, public realm on South Parade, Alderley Road and Green lane. Request for funding to be put to WTC.
· Tree survey along Alderley Road complete. Plan to be produced
· Ideas being put forward on how Library building should be developed and integrated into public realm
· Town Centre Concept Masterplan being prepared which will complement the CE Town Centre Vitality Plan output
· In discussions with Network and Northern Rail on developments on and around the station.
· Consideration by NR being given to car park expansion
· Improvement studies for the Station and forecourt underway by Network Rail. Draft schemes have been seen and discussed.
· Project for lighting the viaduct defined and being costed.
Green Links, Cycle and Pathways
· Tree replacement policy being discussed with CEC Highways and pilot project proposed to CEC for succession planting on Broad Walk. Strong support from local residents.
· Upgrade of footpath between Linneys and Twinnies Bridge’s being pursued with CE.
· Recording and mapping of local footpaths layered onto the cycle routes map underway
· Looking to progress locally identified wildlife sites to full Wildlife Site status
· Looking at how other Towns are representing themselves with web sites and phone apps other than through Council websites.
· We will identify what is available and possible and push the ideas wherever and whenever the opportunity arises.
· Link to the TCVP, make sure this topic and our objectives are known and considered
· Potential for digital collaboration across CE service towns through the TCVP process